2013 Exhibit Schedule
You must be a current, dues paid member in order to exhibit
Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge
427 Laurel Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70801
- Call to artist deadline: Monday, May 20, 2013 at 5:30
- Announce Accepted Submissions: Friday, May 24, 2013
- Artwork Drop Off date: Wednesday, June 7, 2013 at 5:30
- Exhibition Opens to public: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- Reception: Friday, June 21, 2013 5:30-8:00pm
- Exhibition Closes to the Public: Friday, August 2, 2013 at 5:30pm
- Artwork Pickup: Monday, August, 5 – 7, 2013 from 10:00am-5:00pm
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Artist Statement about presented artwork
- CD with images of recent photographs you wish to exhibit.
- Please note the framed size of each piece you wish to exhibit.
Entry Review: each artist should provide a disc with at least 5 - 10 images of recent work. The images should be high resolution, jpeg format preferred. The images should be of the work which you intend to display. Please save each image using the following format for the file name: LastName_ImageTitle.jpg .
Greenwell Springs Regional Library
113 Greenwell Springs Rd. Baton Rouge, LA 70814
Jones Creek Road Regional Library
6222 Jones Creek Rd., Baton Rouge, LA 70817
If you have any questions please contact Kathy Reeves, 667-9946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Exhibits
- Photos should be framed; mounting and matting is preferred. Please make sure all large photos are mounted and have no creases or wrinkles.
- Your name, title of photo, price and your phone number should be securely attached to the back of your frame.
- All photos should have wire on the back of the frame in order to properly hang them. The best position for the wire is 1/3 from the top of the frame.
- If your photo is for sale, include the price as it is displayed plus any percentage the gallery may charge. NFS should be on the back and on the label if you do not wish to sell your work.
- All photos should be signed in on the sheet provided at the exhibit.
- It is your responsibility to transport your photos to and from the exhibit, or to arrange for a buddy take or pick up your work.
- All subject matter should be family friendly and in good taste.
- We reserve the right to refuse any photo for any reason.
- Only current members whose dues are paid in full may exhibit.
- Neither LPS nor the Library or Gallery is responsible for lost or damaged works; hang at your own risk.
Exhibit Label Template
LPS Label Instructions
Each of your photos will need a label.
Open it with MS Word.
Left click in the gray area: example –“Title”--use delete and/or backspace to erase the word ”Title” and type the title of your photo in it’s place, such as “Sunset” or “My Dog”
Do this for all gray areas. Any gray area not used should be erased by using the Delete or Backspace keys
“Your Name” — is of course your name.
“Subject or Blank” — is for the subject of your work such as “Great Blue Heron” or “Grand Canyon”. If you do not want to specify a subject, use the delete and/or backspace key to erase the words and leave it blank.
“Location or other” — this is the location the photo was taken, for example, “Lake Martin” or, “Alaska”. If you do not want to specify a location you may put any other information you like. I put my web address. You may also leave it blank by deleting the words “Location or Other”.
As displayed “Price” — this is the price for which you will sell your photo and frame as it is hanging. Do not forget to add any percentage the gallery may charge. If you do not want to sell your work the type in “NFS” (not for sale).
Print only “Price” — This is the price for just the print, not including the frame or mat. Again, if you do not care to sell your work, then put “NFS”.
“Your phone number/email” — Put your phone number and/or email so a buyer can get in touch with you directly. If your photos are for sale you must include this contact information.
Print on off-white or white card stock (available at Office Depot and most Walmarts)
If you have a problem, send me the completed labels and I will print them — OR — send me your information for the labels, and I will make and print the labels and bring them to the hanging. I will need the information several days before the exhibit.
Kathy Reeves 667-9946 or email@example.com