- When does LPS meet? LPS meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month, at 7:00 p.m.
- Where does LPS meet? Meetings are held at the Baton Rouge Garden Center, 7950 Independence Boulevard, Baton Rouge.
- How much does it cost? Dues are $25.00 per year, and additional family members can become members for $5.00 each.
- What goes on at meetings? We have a speaker and a competition at each meeting. You can learn about the speaker for our next meeting by clicking on the Next Meeting link under Meetings on the website's menu bar. Competitions are held in print media and in digital media on alternating months. A competition schedule, along with images from past competitions, can be viewed by clicking on the Monthly Competition link on the website's menu bar.
- What else does LPS offer? We offer field trips, where you can socialize, share and learn with other LPS members; we hold exhibits, where you have an opportunity not only to show, but to possibly sell your photographs; we hold workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics; we have photo galleries that allow you to show your work online; we have a monthly newsletter, which not only keeps you abreast of what's happening, but offers additional opportunities to share your photographs.
- Is that it? No! We are also associated with the Photographic Society of America, and with the Gulf States Camera Club Council. Both of the organizations offer addition opportunities for you to learn, socialize, and compete.
- How do I join? Download a membership form, print it out, fill it in, and either mail it with your dues to the address on the form, or bring it to the next monthly meeting.
- Did we miss your question? Don't hesitate to visit the Contacts page and email your question directly to one of us. We'll be happy to help!
- Monthly competition guidelines
- Voting procedure and judging guidelines
- Instructions for submitting gallery photos
- Prints Competition Guidelines
- Digital Projection Competition Guidelines
How LPS Operates
Tips and Techniques
- Turn Your Flash On and Up
- Indoor Photography without a Flash
- Making a Panoramic Photograph
- Photographing Action Indoors
- Indoor Flower Photography
- Digital Composite Images
- Digital Panoramas