General Meeting Info
Our meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm, except in November and December. We meet at the East Baton Rouge Parish Library on Goodwood Boulevard in the first floor large meeting room. Visitors are welcome to attend any meeting. For those wishing to become members, dues are $25 per year, plus $5 each for additional family member. Each meeting consists of a competition and a program featuring a guest speaker. Members are encouraged to submit entries for the competition. We vote on the entries and results are announced at each meeting. Who wins is not important, what is important is the knowledge gained from studying other entries and sharing in the details of how those images were captured.
This month’s meeting will be offered in-person at the Main Library at Goodwood.
THURSDAY January 26, 2023, 6:30-8:30 PM
The room is open at 6PM to encourage fellowship and discussions, as well as grab some refreshments.
January’s Speaker will be Jennifer Esneault
As photographers, we’re always looking for the next shot. In our pursuit, we create so many spectacular images that we can, at times, forget the “bigger picture.”
In January’s lecture, we’ll hear from Jennifer Esneault, who will discuss the finer points of curating a portfolio as well as planning to create a body of work versus just one image. How do we put our photos together in a way that makes sense to a viewer? How do we plan for projects and keep the details straight? How do we begin to shift the focus on who we are as artists versus the singular images we create?
Future Meeting Speakers
2023 Speakers to be announced.
There are two ways to join LPS and pay.
1. Enroll and pay online (you do not have to have a PayPal account for this option).
– Click on the “Join LPS Online” button on the bottom of this page.
– After creating your account, log in.
– Click on the “Dues Payment” drop-down under the “Membership Information” menu to begin the payment process. Please fill out all of the items on the payment button before clicking “Pay Now”.
– Your membership will be automatically registered.
2. Fill out a membership application and pay by check – no cash will be accepted.
Applications are available at the meetings, or you can download it here and bring it with you to the next meeting or mail it to the address on the form with a check. Please do NOT mail cash!
We look forward to meeting you soon!