General Meeting Info
Our meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month at 7 pm, except in November and December. We meet at the East Baton Rouge Parish Library on Goodwood Boulevard in the first floor large meeting room. Visitors are welcome to attend any meeting. For those wishing to become members, dues are $25 per year, plus $5 each for additional family member. Each meeting consists of a competition and a program featuring a guest speaker. Members are encouraged to submit entries for the competition. Those in attendance rate the entries and results are announced at each meeting. Who wins is not important, what is important is the knowledge gained from studying other entries and sharing in the details of how those images were captured.
This month’s meeting will be ZOOM ONLY. Members will receive an email with the meeting link, and the link will also be posted on the LPS Members Facebook Page.
September 23, 2021 7-9PM
Our speaker will be Sarah Barber.
Born & raised in Baton Rouge, Sarah graduated from LSU with a BFA in graphic design & photography. Sarah always had a passion for creating, but getting to create for a living was her dream. Upon graduating from LSU, she accepted a position as the graphic designer and photo editor at Eye Wander Photo in Baton Rouge where she remained for the next six years. During those six years she soaked up as much knowledge as she could under the wing of Aaron Hogan, meticulously perfecting her craft. As thankful and honored as she is to have had her time at Eye Wander, she has finally set her sights on new goals and has started a new career as a freelance photographer and outsource editor!
There are two ways to join LPS and pay.
1. Enroll and pay online (you do not have to have a PayPal account for this option).
– Click on the “Join LPS Online” button on the bottom of this page.
– After creating your account, log in.
– Click on the “Dues Payment” drop-down under the “Membership Information” menu to begin the payment process. Please fill out all of the items on the payment button before clicking “Pay Now”.
– Your membership will be automatically registered.
2. Fill out a membership application and pay by check – no cash will be accepted.
Applications are available at the meetings, or you can download it here and bring it with you to the next meeting or mail it to the address on the form with a check. Please do NOT mail cash!
We look forward to meeting you soon!